- About Us
- Training Programs
- Certificate Verification
- Contact Us
- Log in
Looking to create an account ?
Already have an account? Login
Already have an account? Login
|12/8/2023||5 Days||7350 AED||Dubai, United Arab Emirates||Register|
|11/8/2023||5 Days||7350 AED||Dubai, United Arab Emirates||Register|
|10/8/2023||5 Days||7350 AED||Dubai, United Arab Emirates||Register|
|9/8/2023||5 Days||7350 AED||Dubai, United Arab Emirates||Register|
|8/8/2023||5 Days||7350 AED||Dubai, United Arab Emirates||Register|
|7/8/2023||5 Days||7350 AED||Dubai, United Arab Emirates||Register|
|6/8/2023||5 Days||7350 AED||Dubai, United Arab Emirates||Register|
Logging while drilling is aimed at improving wellbore stability & hole quality, and optimizing well placement and reservoir exposure for maximum production in a faster way as it helps measure the formation properties during the excavation of the hole and ensures that some measurement of the subsurface is captured in the event that wireline operations are not possible.
This course aims to provide participants with a full and wide exposure to the various new technologies of MWD and LWD as well as to the various MWD and LWD tool physics and applications to include; integrated log data acquisition that includes Gamma ray & Spectral Gamma Ray, electromagnetic waves resistivity tools, compensated neutron tool, azimuthal lithodensity (ALD) and borehole caliper imaging, LWD acoustic measurements, pressure while drilling (PWD) tools, LWD formation pressure and formation mobility whilst drilling, LWD nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) whilst drilling, LWD laterolog and induction resistivity measurements, LWD borehole imaging, LWD Geo-steering tool physics and applications, rotary steerable systems, and at-bit inclination, gamma ray and resistivity sensors.
Petrophysicists and operations geologists in the early stage of their technical career, but also other subsurface disciplines who interface with petrophysicists in either an operational or data interpretation context.
• MWD theory
• MWD internal components and parts.
• Types of MWD tools in the market ( probe based, collar based, and EM)
• Telemetry tools types and operations
• Differences between telemetry tools, ( +ve and –ve pulers)
• Data transmission, coding and encoding signals
• Directional surveying, magnetic correction, survey terminologies
• Tool face calculations
• MWD surface equipment
• Gamma ray tools in the market
• Gamma ray measurements principles
• Difference between GR probe tools and collar based tools.
• Gamma ray imaging
• Resistivity tools types in the market
• Resistivity measuring principles all types in the market
• Resistivity log interpretation
• Resistivity imaging tools and outputs
• Density measurements principles
• Acoustic stand-off measurements
• Neutron porosity principles and measurements
• Log interpretation for triple-combo services
• Density imaging applications
• PE imaging
• Caliper imaging
• Acoustic measurements principles
• Types of waves generated
• Acoustic logs interpretation
• Nuclear magnetic resonance theory and tools
• T1 and T2 distributions and interpretation
• Formation tested and sampling tools in the market
• Formation testers theory of operation
• Near bit services ( gamma ray and resistivity)
• Built in near bit services in RSS
• Near bit resistivity tool types and applications
• Near bit gamma imaging
• Near bit gamma with Motors
• Imaging theory and analysis i.e fractures, bedding
• Imaging interpretation and analysis
• Geosteering tools in the market
• Geosteering with azimuthal deep resistivity and look ahead high end tools
• Reservoir navigation services in the market
• Depth tracking calculations
• Rotary steerable tools in the markets working with high end LWD tools
• Case studies from different areas in the world.
• Multiple exercises.