- About Us
- Training Programs
- Certificate Verification
- Contact Us
- Log in
Looking to create an account ?
Already have an account? Login
Already have an account? Login
|12/15/2023||5 Days||7350 AED||Dubai, United Arab Emirates||Register|
|11/15/2023||5 Days||7350 AED||Dubai, United Arab Emirates||Register|
|10/15/2023||5 Days||7350 AED||Dubai, United Arab Emirates||Register|
|9/15/2023||5 Days||7350 AED||Dubai, United Arab Emirates||Register|
|8/15/2023||5 Days||7350 AED||Dubai, United Arab Emirates||Register|
|7/15/2023||5 Days||7350 AED||Dubai, United Arab Emirates||Register|
|6/15/2023||5 Days||7350 AED||Dubai, United Arab Emirates||Register|
Every process plant in the world takes in bulk raw materials and fuel from tanker ships, railroad cars, tanker trucks, or pipelines. Refineries, chemical plants, pharmaceutical companies, and a host of other industries, have to measure raw materials and finished products accurately, because they pay for what comes in and get paid for what goes out.
Oil and gas transactions are conducted globally, each and every day. The aim is to do this as accurately as possible. Although there are different methodologies available to the user, it is a known fact that an inaccurate
device (or a device that presents a measurement that is less then precise), can cost either the buyer or the seller millions of dollars, due to reading discrepancies.
• Engineers and Technicians of all disciplines
• Instrumentation Personnel
• Procurement and Quality Control Personnel
• Inspection and Maintenance Engineers
• Module (01) Flow properties & Flow meter principles
• Pressure – Temperature – Density – Expansion – Reynolds number - Velocity Profile.
• Differential pressure flow meters (Orifice – Venturi – Pitot tube – Vcone– flow nozzle pipe elbow – Annubar)
• ISO-5167 requirements for Orifice meters
• ISO-5167 requirements for meter run itself
• What is the meter run requirements & specifications? (Meter run requirements, internal diameter, circularity straightness & surface roughness)
• The effect of the impulse lines & DP transmitter response
• Module (02) PD meters
• Velocity flow meters (Ultrasonic – Turbine – Vortex – Electromagnetic flow meter)
• ISO-17089 for USM
• Mass flow meters (Coriolis – thermal mass flow meter)
• How to select the flow meters with the correct size
• Module (03) Different flowmeters calibration procedures
• Calibration conditions stability to achieve good repeatability
• Pressure testing & leakage testing before the calibration
• Provers & Proving systems
• Turbine meter calibration procedures (K factor & Meter factor)
• Ultrasonic Meter calibration procedures (Adjust factor – Linearization – Meter body)
• Recommended calibration points & Bidirectional calibration.
• 1st time calibration range & the additional uncertainty due to limited calibration range. (As per ISO-17089 part 188.8.131.52)
• The Ultrasonic flow meter calibration reference conditions. (Thermal expansion calculation for meter body). (Case study from Bapetco)
• Coriolis flow meter calibration
• Module (04) Fiscal metering station components overview
• Metering station inlet, outlet, control valves & the meter run
• Flow meters, primary & secondary elements
• Sampling & the analyzers
• Flow computer & supervisory systems
• Module (05) Flow meter calibration certificates & calibration intervals
• Calibration certificates
• Recalibration intervals for different flow meters
• Effect of long recalibration intervals
• Effect of the fluid properties on changing the calibration intervals. (Case study)
• Effect of meter calibration without meter run calibration. (Case study)
• Module (06) Sampling & Analyzers operation
• Sampling systems & cabinets
• Calibration of the analyzers. (Gas chromatograph, Relative density, water dew point & Hydrocarbon dew point)
• Analyzer reference cylinders
• Module (07) Flow computers & supervisory systems
• Flow computer calculations & application builder
• Flow standardizations & corrections. (Used units)
• Supervisory systems communications
• Module (08) Validation tools, Reference & certificates
• Validation process & 3rd party responsibilities.
• Validation intervals & sales agreement.
• Validation limits. (Based on the required accuracy & uncertainty).
• Validation final reports.
• Dead weight tester & weights validity.
• Temperature equipment validity. (Probe & Heater)
• Flow computer validity
• Orifice inspection & compliance test. (According to ISO 5167 & AGA-3)
• Flow conditioner inspection. (Blockage & erosion effect on meter reading)
• Validation of USM (VOS – SNR – AGC – Paths performance).
• Validation limits of the different analyzers.
• Analyzer reference calibration cylinder certificates & time validity.
• Replacing the faulty elements
• Redundancy verification. (Redundancy transmitter verification & deviation limits). (According to API21.1)
Day 9 & 10
• Module (09) Auditing according to API21.1
• Data availability. (Fiscal report history, hourly reports, validation reports & calibration reports)
• Data traceability to the international standards
• Configuration log (Fixed Parameters changing log)
• Event Log
• Pay & check reports. (Indication of the in-use & standby)
• Flow computer snap shot report
• Data security & different logging accesses
• Alarm & operating log
• Fiscal reports & using the override values
• Maintenance counters (Simulation)